I finally started setting up my new tree scene setter! I have been unable to finish work on it but this is what I have so far.
Close-up! A little fluorescent spray paint combined with lighting goes a long way to make this prop super eerie!
This is one of those items that look good in the daytime and night time which gives it 2 klaws up in my book!
Even from a distance, it looks quite authentic! Although I feel this was cheaply made, for the price it makes sense. I wasn’t even initially impressed with the texture on it until I put it against the tree. It’s more AMAZING that I imagined and totally worth it!
This was a part of my first “quarantine/online” Halloween Haul of 2020 and inspired by one of my favorite places featuring the same spooky scene setter!
Below: A few night time pics with lighting!
Quite possibly my favorite part of this scene is the FREE part! I had a tree die in my backyard and the branches were saved to use in my haunt last year. I strategically spray painted some of the branches to pop under black light and I loved the way it looked.
I saved the branches again and put them out under the tree, gave ‘em some fresh paint and placed them in the ground. It’s definitely my favorite scene of the yard.
What’s left to do:
Add more texture around the tree to make the branches and tree prop flow seamlessly. I’ll do that by adding more loose branches and making them appear intertwined with the tree—almost like an armor of branches. I may or may not add some obviously fake leaves to be over the top. Not sure yet!
I’m sincerely hoping I feel well enough to complete this sometime this week!